Scholastic India is pleased to announce the Scholastic Writing Awards 2019 for outstanding original works by students of Classes 4 to 9, in the category of fiction/short story in English.
For schools in South and West India- 16th March 2019- 15th June 2019
For schools in North and East India – 15th April – 1st July 2019
Ranking phase- 2nd July-20th July 2019
Result- 20th August 2019
Book Result- October
Students can submit more than one entry, limited to one in each genre.
Genres for this year are-
Group 1 (classes 4-6)
Group 2 (classes 7-9)
WORD LIMIT: 2500-3000 Words
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS ON HOW TO WRITE THE SHORT STORY:
- Read as much as you can. Familiarise yourself with different styles of writing but be original when it comes to your own work.
- Increase your word power. The greater your vocabulary, the more effective your writing will be.
- Read aloud what you have written and ask friends who read to comment on it as well.
- Use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Keep a dictionary, a thesaurus and a basic grammar book handy.
- Don't write in a rush. Spend a lot of time with your writing and make sure not to end your piece abruptly.
- Always carry a notepad and pen with you. Jot down out-of-the-blue thoughts, make a note of interesting observations; they'll never go to waste when you're writing.
- Please fill in all the required details in the online submission form. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
- Plagiarised, copied or unoriginal stories will be disqualified.
- Disqualified entries will not be entitled to any certificates of participation.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, where participants can submit up to four entries, one in each genre.
- If any story is found to be plagiarised, copied or unoriginal, the entry will be disqualified.
- Entries received after the last date will be disqualified.
Each participant has to read and rank the stories assigned to them before the deadline. Failing which the entry submitted by the participant will be disqualified.
- Go to the Scholastic India homepage www.scholastic.co.in and click on the Scholastic Writing Awards banner or go directly to the following url: http://swa.scholastic.co.in
- Click on Register.
- Fill in the details in the online form.
- Once you submit the form you will be sent a Log-in ID on the registered id.
- You can use this log-in ID to submit your entry.
- To submit an entry, simply log-in using your log-in ID and copy paste the text or key in the story.
- Make sure each submission also lists the name of the student, the class, the school and the address.
- For ranking the entries assigned to an individual, you have to use same log-in ID and password to log-in. Click on the icon START RANKING.
- Ranking panel will open as per dates given above.
- Group 1 entry will receive group 1 entry only for ranking and same applies for group 2.
- For confusions/queries please get in touch with us at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org