The Most Trusted Name in Learning
Scholastic India accepts unsolicited work in English for children and Young Adults in the following areas: fiction, non-fiction, biographies, activity, quiz and puzzle books, and self-help books.
Scholastic India runs a dynamic publishing programme which aims to produce innovative titles from the best of Indian authors and illustrators, in a variety of genres. We publish well-known authors like Ruskin Bond, Gulzar, Paro Anand, Sampurna Chattarji, Anushka Ravishankar, among others. Internationally, Scholastic has published acclaimed authors such as J.K. Rowling, R.L. Stine, Philip Pullman, Suzanne Collins and Cornelia Funke.
1. We accept online submissions as well as printed manuscripts.
2. Online submissions can be sent to the following email ID: email@example.com
3. Printed submissions can be sent to:
A-27, Ground Floor
Bharti Sigma Centre
Infocity-1, Sector 34
Gurgaon - 122001
4. For both online as well as printed submissions, please send the following:
a. A short synopsis
b. Three sample chapters and/ or the complete manuscript
c. A brief cover letter and a description of work published earlier.
5. Printed submissions must be double spaced and on plain white paper. Please include your phone number and email ID.
6. For a picture book, please send only the text. If your story is accepted we will commission the illustrations.
7. All submissions will be reviewed carefully. However, only those writers whose work is considered successful will be contacted.
8. Please send your manuscript to one publisher at a time.
9. Review can take up to 12 weeks. If you don’t hear from us, you can send in a short email to enquire on the status of the review at the end of three months.
10. All manuscripts that are rejected will be deleted from the system or in the case of printed manuscripts disposed of within a secure paper recycling system.
11. If your manuscript is accepted for publication, we will contact you. At that time we will explain the publishing process.
Here are the guidelines for illustrators interested in publishing with Scholastic:
A cover letter/email introducing yourself. You should also tell us about your interest in illustrating, your favourite illustrators, and your influences and inspirations.
A resume listing your experiences as a book illustrator, or illustrating in general.
Examples of illustrations that highlight your own distinct illustrating styles, and/or your versatility and ability to illustrate using different mediums and techniques.
Please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us in six weeks, you may assume that we feel that your illustration is unsuitable for publication.